Gallery Of Hummus
Hummus is one of the best healthy snacks. It makes the perfect dip for all your favorite fresh veggies, it makes such a delicious spread on sandwiches or wraps, and it also makes such a great addition to different bowls .
This recipe has been my go to hummus for years. It has the perfect ratio of ingredients, it couldn’t be easier, and it only takes 10 minutes to make!
This is the best hummus I’ve tried! It calls for simple ingredients and a simple method but it’s always my favorite.
And there’s no peeling chick peas. Just a generous time in the food processor to whip it up nice and fluffy and really puree it well.
It’s creamy, it’s rich, it’s tangy and it has such a delicious flavor from the tahini. You can’t go wrong with this hummus!
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 can garbanzo beans/ chick peas
- Salt to taste and paprika to taste
- You’ll need a standard size food processor fitted with a sharp steel blade. A dull blade won’t give very great results.
- To a food processor you’ll add chick peas, 2 Tbsp liquid from chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and cumin. Season with salt to taste .
- Process the mixture for 5 minutes while stopping and scraping the sides once through mixing, and adding additional liquid from chick peas to thin as needed.
- Plate and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Store in refrigerator.
- Note that the dip thickens up once chilled, thin with more liquid as desired.
Tips for the Perfect Hummus Every Time
- Measure the ingredients that way it will have a consistent flavor.
- Use the water from the can of chick peas , this helps make the hummus fluffy because did you know this stuff whips up like cream does?
- Use good guality ingredients and stick with fresh lemon juice not anything from a bottle.
- Watch out for rancid tahini. If it’s gone bad it will have a strong sharp unpleasant flavor and can ruin the hummus.
- This is the perfect ratio in my opinion but if you like a little more tahini or garlic feel free to add some for a strong flavor.
- Let it blenddddd. 5 minutes in the food processor really allows it time to puree the chickpeas and whip it up nice and fluffy.
One of my favorite things to serve with this hummus are fresh baked pita chips. Here’s how to make them.
- Brush 4 pita bread rounds with olive oil then stack and cut into wedges .
- Transfer to an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet. Spread across baking sheet.
- Bake about 4 – 6 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp.
- Let cool, store in an airtight container.
More Hummus Recipes You Might Like
Remember to subscribe to the to receive new recipe notifications delivered to your inbox!
Follow Cooking Classy on | | | for all of the latest updates, recipes and content.
This is how you make the perfect light and fluffy hummus every time! Simple ingredients, super easy method and perfectly delicious end results every time.
- 1 chick peas / garbanzo beans, drained liquid reserved
- 2 - 4 Tbsp liquid from can of chick peas
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving if desired
Add chick peas, 2 Tbsp liquid from chick pea can, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and cumin to a food processor.
Season with salt to taste then process for 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy, while adding additional reserved liquid to thin as needed .