Iced Bakewell Tart Tray Bake
Gallery Of Iced Bakewell Tart Tray Bake
> > Iced Bakewell Tart Tray Bake
Iced Bakewell Tart Tray Bake – Take the classic cherry Bakewell tart recipe and make it into a tray bake! A golden layer of shortcrust pastry filled with an almond cake, strawberry jam, and topped with icing and glacé cherries!
I can’t believe it’s nearly Christmas! Times goes by so quickly, doesn’t it?
Today, I bring you another Christmas recipe. A Christmas classic with a twist. Iced Bakewell Tart Tray Bake! I love Bakewell tarts, and I came across this tray bake version on .
I think these delicious squares look even better than individual mini tarts!
Ingredients for Iced Bakewell Tart Tray Bake:
This Iced Bakewell Tart Tray Bake is:
- loaded with delicious almond flavour
- has an all-butter pastry base
- topped with a sweet glaze and glacé cherries
I made my own shortcrust pastry instead of buying ready-made, but feel free to buy if you are short on time! Look for 500g shortcrust pastry.
More bakewell recipes to try next!
I hope you love this classic recipe with a twist as much as I do.
Take the classic cherry Bakewell tart recipe and make it into a tray bake! A golden layer of shortcrust pastry filled with an almond cake, strawberry jam, and topped with icing and glacé cherries!
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 and 3/4 cups plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caster/granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1 and 3/4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup caster/granulated sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups icing/powdered sugar
- Using a food processor, pulse together the butter and flour until a fine crumb consistency is formed. You may also use a pastry cutter, or your fingertips.
- Add the sugar and mix until combined. Add the egg and mix until a dough starts to form. Don't over-mix otherwise the pastry will become stiff and brittle.
- Turn the pastry out onto a lightly floured surface, and bring it together until smooth and even. Form into a ball and flatten slightly, then wrap the pastry in clingfilm, and place in the fridge to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to fit the base and sides of a greased 13x9-inch baking tray. Spread the jam over the pastry base.