Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Gallery Of Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is the easiest, most unbelievably delicious slow cooker chicken recipe. Tender and juicy chicken thighs are cooked in a crock pot with potatoes and vegetables in a mouthwatering sweet and savory sauce. You only need 15 minutes of prep to make this delicious weeknight meal the whole family will love!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is the slow cooker chicken version of our . As a big fan of honey garlic sauce, I’ve made an with it too. Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are sweet, savory, garlicky and sticky comfort food. They taste somewhat like Japanese .
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
To make this Crockpot Chicken, start by mixing the sauce ingredients together in a bowl: honey, garlic, soy sauce, ketchup and oregano. Then chop the potatoes, carrots and onions, adding them to the slow cooker along with the chicken pieces. Finally, pour the sauce on top and seal the lid of the crockpot.
There are normally two cooking settings: low and high. If you want it sooner, cook on high for about 3 hours. Otherwise, set on low and it will take 6-8 hours. As dinnertime nears, add in the green beans to cook for 15-20 minutes until bright green. Then it’s ready to serve…
How to Use the Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Properly
The best part about slow cookers is throwing ingredients into the crockpot in the morning, and producing a complete meal by dinnertime thanks to its ultra-slow simmer. You also get a mouthwatering aroma wafting through your kitchen.
That’s why slow cookers have become the solution for easy weeknight meals as well as busy weekends. Some of my favorite slow cooker recipes include , , , and .
Some people are not convinced to leave it on all day while no one is home, but most crock pots are designed to be left cooking on the countertop unattended. It is quite safe as long as you use it properly. Here are some tips on how to use your crock pot:
- Place it on a Clean and Flat Heatproof Surface: Place your crock pot on a clean and flat surface with the cord tucked away properly. It’s best to place it on a granite countertop and avoid wooden surfaces. Also, make sure the crock pot has enough room to breathe. Keep it several inches away from any objects such as walls, wooden furniture, etc.
- Understand How Long Different Meats Need to Be Cooked: Different types of meat and different sizes requires different cook time. Below is some general guidance on how long to cook them in the slow cooker
- Chicken Thighs : 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low
- Chicken Breasts: 2-2½ hours on High or 5-6 hours on Low
- Whole Chicken : 6-6½ hours on High or 7-8 hours on Low
- Turkey Breasts : 6-6½ hours on High or 7-8 hours on Low
- Beef Roast : 5½-6 hours on High or 8 hours on Low
- Pork Loin : 5 hours on High and 6 hours on Low
- Pork Butt Roast : 7½ hours on High and 9½ hours on Low
- How to Avoid Over-cooking or Under-cooking: First, make sure to fill your slow cooker ½ to ¾ full to conform to the recommended cook time, with the exception of some dessert recipes. Second, if there is a range of time given from a recipe, always check your dish at the earliest time given and only cook longer if needed.
- Set the Crock Pot on LOW When Unattended: If you plan to let the crock pot cook while you’re not at home, set it to lowest setting. That way the food won’t be overcooked if you find yourself running late.
- Keep Pets Away: If you have curious pets at home while you are away, make sure they don’t have access to your crock pot.
Tips and Secrets for Making the Best Slow Cooker Chicken
- Select the largest chicken thighs you can find, since they shrink during cooking; skinless thighs are the healthiest option.
- Chicken thighs work best with this recipe; you can substitute chicken breasts although they require less cooking time and won’t be as moist.
- Add green vegetables at the end only before serving for a splash of color
- Consider broiling the chicken for 2-3 minutes before serving for additional color
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top for a beautiful serving presentation
- Using low sodium soy sauce will give you some flexibility to adjust saltiness before serving.
How to Make a Honey Garlic Glaze
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and vegetables from the slow cooker, leaving the sauce in the pot.
- Mix together 2 teaspoon cornstarch with 3 tablespoon water, and add the mixture to the slow cooker. Mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook for about 10 more minutes on high until the sauce has thickened.
If you wish, you can also pour the liquid into a to separate out the fat before boiling. It only takes a minute to separate and this step makes the honey garlic glaze healthier.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken